School Counselling Program
- School counselling is a professional activity delivered by qualified practitioners (Ref:British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Process of counselling is utilized in the school environment for the purposes of prevention of difficulties, bringing about change, and provision of enhancement programs-thus, preventive and developmental in nature.
- The counselling service in school extends to all the individuals who are a part of the environment: child, teacher, and parent.
- It is a service used to monitor and support a student’s social, emotional and academic growth at each stage of development (early, middle, senior school).
- It is an appropriate avenue for students to express difficulties/anxiety/anger in a non-judgmental environment.
- It also includes a Program for Educational & career planning for young adults.
- Awareness Programs
- Orientation Programs for Parents, Students & Teachers
- Referrals and Observations
- Formal & Informal assessments
- Individual Counselling
- Group Guidance Classes
- Career Guidance
- Academic Achievement
- Emotional/ Behavioural Management